June 3, 2013

⩪✺⩪ Alicia Bay Laurel ⩪✺⩪

On my last trip to Kauai I found "The Earth Mass" written in 1973. It was at a secondhand book store in Hanapepe called Talk Story. I was first introduced to Alicia Bay Laurel by my dear friend Amy, Daughter of the Sun. She gifted me her classic, "Living On The Earth" which can be purchased through Alicia's website! Here are some pages from this hard to find gem. The previous owner of this book had a child named Sky Blue who colored along in magic marker. The inside flap also has a sweet handwritten letter. Click on images for enlarged text.

3 comments:

  1. wow, this looks so absolutely amazing. you must show this one to me, i want to see it in person. it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I want this gorgeous book filled with love and wisdom! Thanks for sharing this beauty..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you found and enjoy The Earth Mass by Joe Pintauro (which I illustrated)! I have a few boxes of them at my house, in perfect condition, so, if you would like to have one of your own, please come to my website (aliciabaylaurel.com, of course) and message me from the "contact" link at the top of the page. Namaste, many blessings <3
    Alicia Bay Laurel

    ReplyDelete